This weekend we have the most popular summer event in Ottawa: the Bluesfest!! They say that this event is the best music outdoor festival in Canada and is among the world's top 10!! I'm looking forward to it as I've never been to one since I moved to Ottawa! 😄
1. Bluesfest. This is an event for all ages! Children aged 9 and under can accompany their parents without cost. Ticket prices vary depending on the day. From 65 dollars. July 7th-17th. At Lebreton Flats. Details and line-up of artist here: ottawabluesfest.ca
2. Festival Kinkole a Ottawa: celebrates cultural diversity, and features local entrepreneurs and local artists. At Mooney's Bay, Friday 8th, from 12pm to Sunday 10th, until 9pm. FREE. Details here: https:///e/festival-kinkole-a-ottawa-tickets-374014747177
3. Storytelling in the Square. This event takes place at Manotick on Saturday 9th, from 1-3pm. There will be drinks, snacks and Canadian stories on the lawn of the Dickinson house museum. FREE. Details here: https:///event/storytelling-in-the-square/
4. Tours, Tales and Time Travel at Goulbourn Museum. There will be family activities, exhibitions and tours. Where? At 2064 Huntley Road, Stittsville, Ontario K2S 1B8. Saturday 9th, from 10am to 3pm. Free but they accept donations.
5. Atletico Ottawa vs Cavalry FC. This is a soccer game of the Canadian Premier League. It will take place on Saturday 9th at 7pm at TD Place Stadium. PAID.
6. Torchlight Shakespeare in the Parks: A group of Canadian actors presents The Tempest, a Shakespeare story. Where and when? Friday 8th at Champlain Park, and Saturday 9th, at Beechwood Cemetery (Manor Park). At 7pm. They accept donations. More details here: Fools.ca
7. Westboro Kitenights: Bring your own kite and you'll receive a set of lights to decorate it. When: Friday 8th at Westwood Park from 6pm to 10pm. There will be music, face painters, balloon twisters, and giant yard games from 7 to 9pm. Free but only after making a purchase from a local Westboro Village BIA business.
Continue in comments.. ...